We know how hard it can be to start the day totally sugar free, especially if you’re grabbing breakfast on route to the office. So, we’ve come up with a super easy on-the-go breakfast that you can make the night before and pop in a tupperware. It’s sugar free, full of protein and veggies, and you can add whatever flavours you fancy. We’ve gone with tomato, spinach, goats cheese and basil.
- 2 free-range eggs
- Handful of spinach
- 8 baby tomatoes
- 40g goats cheese (or feta if you prefer)
- Half a red onion (sliced)
- Handful of fresh basil
- In a small frying pan, soften the red onion in olive oil before adding the halved cherry tomatoes. When the tomatoes start to cook add the spinach and let it wilt for a minute.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, add salt, pepper, crumbled goats cheese and freshly chopped basil.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan on top of the veggies and gently fry for a few minutes until the egg is cooked through. Flipping is optional (only commence if you back yourself in the omelette flipping department).
- Remove from the pan and leave to cool before slicing up. Pop in a tupperware and prepare to wow your colleagues in the morning.